Friday 31 July 2015

Rob and Amanda


Nikon D4 with Nikkor 70-200mm F2.8
Amanda, ready for the ceremony

The wedding of Rob and Amanda took me to the lovely city of York, and the gorgeous wedding venue of Sandburn Hall. Here are just a few images, on what turned out to be a fantastic day for all involved.  

For this portrait of Amanda, I asked her to stand near the window for an image that was free from clutter. Overexposing the selected camera settings by 1 stop, I was able to create a bright, almost dreamy shot. A reflector was used to bounce some light back towards Amanda, and it can clearly be seen as a reflection in her eyes. Nikon D4 with Nikkor 70-200mm F2.8.

Nikon D3s with Nikkor 24-70mm F2.8
Gorgeous bouquet

I love bouquet shots like this, simple but effective. Shot with a Nikon D3s and Nikkor 24-70mm F2.8.

Nikon D4 with Nikkor 70-200mm F2.8
Just married

I tend to stand at the back of the ceremony room during the service. It can sometimes make for tricky lighting conditions, and this one was no different. So as not to let the camera decide what exposure it thinks I need, I tend to shoot this part of the day in manual mode. I wanted to over expose the image slightly, to create a dreamy effect, while the couple were kissing. Nikon D4 with Nikkor 70-200mm F2.8

Nikon D4 with Nikkor 70-200mm F2.8
The lovely couple

When I get the opportunity to spend time with the couple after the ceremony, everyone, including me, is a bit more relaxed. I tend to guide the couple to an area I would like to photograph them, and let the images 'just happen'. A long lens works well in these situations, as the couple feel as though they have space to breathe. Nikon D4 with Nikkor 70-200mm F2.8.

Nikon D4 with Nikkor 70-200mm F2.8
Amanda and the flower girls

I love shots like the one above. While Julian is taking formal shots, I will search out more candid moments. A quick shout of Amanda's name, has resulted in a completely natural, unposed photo. Nikon D4 with Nikkor 70-200mm F2.8


No comments:

Post a Comment