Tuesday 23 June 2015

Nikon FM3a with Ilford Delta and HP5 plus film

You may remember sometime ago, I purchased a rather lovely Nikon FM3a... you can read about it here. http://brettgardnerphotography.blogspot.co.uk/2013/09/ooh-you-little-beauty.html

At the time, I was a little bit scared to run a film through it, as the camera was brand new, and quite honestly, a thing of beauty. It sat there, on the shelf, with my other film cameras, which were all being used on a regular basis. I thought, 'this is stupid Brett', you've just got to bite the bullet and try it out.' So I loaded a film into it, Ilford Delta 400, and got shooting. 

As you would expect, it works like a dream. Tactile and solid, it's a pleasure to hold and shoot with, and it just gets on with the job. In the modern era, where digital cameras have dominated for some years, it's nice to see film starting to make a bit of a comeback, and the FM3a would make a great choice, if you are thinking of giving film a go. I use all my film cameras, not only for pleasure, but also for work. Either at a wedding, or to produce a moody black and white landscape print, film still has a place in my bag, and, I'm sure, it will continue to do so, long into the future.      

The beautiful Nikon FM3a
The beautiful Nikon FM3a

Controls
Controls

Scarborough view.  Ilford Delta 400
Scarborough view.  Ilford Delta 400

Staithe Street. Ilford Delta 400
Staithe Street. Ilford Delta 400

Thornham.  Ilford Delta 400
Thornham.  Ilford Delta 400 

Shopping. Ilford Delta 400
Shopping. Ilford Delta 400

Windmill near Burnham Overy Staithe. Ilford  Delta 400
Windmill near Burnham Overy Staithe. Ilford  Delta 400

Big head. Ilford HP5 Plus
Big head. Ilford HP5 Plus


No comments:

Post a Comment