Wednesday 22 April 2015

Glowing sunset

My last image entitled 'Dusk at East quay', (http://brettgardnerphotography.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/dusk-at-east-quay.html) was taken facing away from the sun, looking East. I had wanted to capture the inky and bruised pinks and purples of the fading light, as dusk descended over the little town of Wells-Next-The-Sea. The camera was set up, tripod, cable release, filters, all in place. But glancing over my shoulder, I couldn't help noticing the sunset itself was quite terrific, the silhouettes of the many boats and buildings, a stark contrast to the fiery reds, oranges, yellows and pinks that were erupting across the North Norfolk sky.

I had my Samsung Galaxy S3 mobile phone with me, so decided to take a quick image. The bright sky was causing the camera to underexpose horribly, so I dialed in  +1 2/3 E.V. to bring a bit of foreground detail back, trying to match what the eye was seeing. I think the image works rather well, and is quite usable up to A4 size, so I may just print it out, try it in the gallery, and see what customers think.

Glowing sunset, Samsung Galaxy S3
Glowing sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment